Washington – Today, Rep. Mike Thompson (CA-04) released the following statement after it was announced that the University of California, Davis rose to a tie for sixth place among public universities in rankings published by U.S. News & World Report.
“The new rankings confirm what we know about UC Davis — it is one of the best universities in our country,” said Thompson. “I am proud to represent this world-class institution and I look forward to seeing them continue to pursue groundbreaking research while providing an outstanding experience to their students.”
The 2024 Best Colleges rankings moved UC Davis up four places from last year among public universities and up 10 places to tie for No. 28 among all national universities. The campus also moved up eight places to tie for No. 19 among national universities for the social mobility it provides for its students.
In addition to universities’ overall qualities, services and outcomes, the rankings looked at several academic programs. UC Davis ranked:
• 5th in biological/agricultural engineering (tied)
• 11th in undergraduate psychology programs (tied)
• 14th in software engineering (tied)
• 14th in civil engineering (tied)
• 15th in environmental / environmental health (tied)
• 22nd for undergraduate economics programs (tied)
• 27th for undergraduate computer science programs (tied)
• 30th among undergraduate engineering programs at universities with doctoral degrees in the subject (tied)